Corporate: Papua New Guinea (PNG) is our closest neighbour. It is the largest country in the Pacific region and one of the world’s most ethnically diverse countries. PNG is one of the poorest countries in Asia and indeed the world, yet it is endowed with mineral riches (oil, gas, forests). Due to the nature of the topography and geography – most areas are inaccessible. As a consequence health, and education have suffered and infrastructure is non-existent. It is rich in natural resources yet poor in health and education, luxuries which we take for granted in Australia.
Our vision is to attain optimal health and education for every child, family and community in Papua New Guinea, in particular, the remote Kamea community in Kotidanga area, to reach their full potential.
Our mission is to support and improve access to health care services, access to education and basic infrastructure and communication.
Our goals are:
- To improve Kanabea hospital buildings and facilities and support the delivery of quality basic health care services for a population of 20,000 Kameas through advocacy and collaboration with Department of Health, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Papua New Guinea in PNG, key international donor organisations (UNICEF, Iodine Global Network), key organisations in Australia and overseas, and through provision of resources.
- To assess, monitor and publish outcomes of the health and nutrition status of vulnerable community groups, including mothers, babies and children.
- To advocate for political will and commitment towards healthier, better nourished, mothers, babies and children to reduce maternal and infant mortality.
- To identify and help implement preventive public health programs, including nutrition and vaccination programs, promotion of the use of safe water and adequate sanitation, to improve health outcomes for all. To advocate for, support and strengthen quality education for all Kamea children, boys and girls.
- To identify, advocate and support the provision of basic infrastructure in particular electricity and communication.
Please support us to help every Kamea child, family and community to build a healthy future!